Friday, June 20, 2008

The Future of Energy

I've been reading the Economist since I was 15 or so. I guess that's what I get for having a credit analyst for a father. I really enjoy reading the print edition but I've moved recently and haven't managed to change my address successfully yet. Now that I'm blogging I think I'm going to take more advantage of the online resources from the Economist.

What do I like about them? They make me think of a quote from JRR Tolkien:
"He has long sight. He can perceive, if he bends his will thither, much of what is passing in the minds of men, even of those that dwell far off. It is difficult to deceive him, and dangerous to try."

I think they have a real understanding of long term responsibility and unlike most media outlets always keep in mind the Long Now. So it was nice to see this weeks leader on the future of energy.

Check it out

No comments: